Wednesday, October 6, 2010
My official diagnosis: stress fracture of the hip at the point of the lesser trochanter along with inflammation of iliopsoas. The good news is that the MRI showed signs that it is in fact healing. But, I'm not allowed to do any running and jumping until I feel absolutely nothing in my groin. This will probably be 2-3 weeks and I should be back running normal in 4 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed that my body keeps healing as I learn to be patient. It has been an interesting 6 weeks so far...
- I got a cat. Her name is Sibley. She is awesome.
- I started studying to become a Lactation Consultant.
- I've made 3 paintings.
- Pool running and swimming have become essential. 2+ hours of pool running are probably a bit excessive, but so what.
- I got 8 new pairs of running shoes in mail. I can't wait to actually wear them on the trails and not just stare at them in the boxes.
- I've learned that sometimes you have to surrender to your body.
- 2 months now is nothing if it means running longer throughout my life.
- I realized I'm weaker than I thought.
- I realized I'm tougher than I thought.
- I'm incredibly grateful for the support of my boyfriend, family, friends, and sponsors.
- You can't always run from things, but sit-ups and pilates can be a temporary fix.
- Calcium and Vitamin C are essential!
- Sleeping a lot is great and even better when you have a cute cat to keep you company.
- Caffeine consumption has stopped. Ok I'll still have some tea.
- I love running, but my body is a critical component. It comes first and I need to listen to it.
- I can't believe how I could convince myself that it "didn't hurt that bad" or "it isn't really pain"... in retrospect... that shit hurt. At least the first few days post TRR. Muscle spasms that wake you up at night = not good.
- As badly as I wanted to listen to everyone who said, "it isn't a stress fracture." I should have listened to my gut.
- Broccoli is my favorite veggie and I should eat even more of it.
- Discovering new things about yourself are essential.
- Slowing down stinks, but it has taught be that I'm not invincible.
- I am really grateful even when I'm sad and bummed out.
Ok, off to the pool for some more aqua jogging... whooohooo!